QUESTIONS FOR CH8- PRECIPITATION
- What is the difference in size between
CCN, cloud droplets, and raindrops?
- What is meant by "subsaturated",
"saturated", and "supersaturated"?
- What are the two dominant growth
mechanisms for droplets in warm clouds?
- How do they work?
- What is the curvature effect?
- What factors promote these
- Why do solution drops drops form at lower
relative humidities and pure water drops?
- What is a particles terminal velocity?
- What factors affect the terminal velocity?
- How can one compute a particles
- How are cold and warm clouds defined?
- What are the dominant ice-crystal
processes and how do they work?
- Why will ice particles grow more readily
than super-cooled drops in the mixed-phase region of a
- At what temperature in the cloud will ice
particles grow more quickly than super-cooled droplets?
- What is cloud seeding?
- Why does cloud seeding sometimes
produce precipitation while other times it can
inhibit precipitation formation?
- What are the different types of
- What are the common ice-crystal habits?
- How are the different types of
precipitation related to the vertical profile of
- How is precipitation measured?
08/20/04 08:38 AM