QUESTIONS FOR CH5- ATMOSPHERIC MOISTURE
- What are the dominant processes which
occur in the hydrologic cycle?
- What is(are) the importance(s) of water
vapor in the atmosphere?
- Under what conditions is air subsaturated,
saturated, or supersaturated?
- How are the following variables defined,
what are their units (if any), and what do they
- absolute humidity
- specific humidity
- mixing ratio
- saturation mixing ratio
- vapor pressure
- saturation vapor pressure
- partial pressure
- relative humidity
- wet bulb temperature
- dew-point temperature
- how does saturation vapor pressure, depend
- why is absolute humidity not a very useful
variable for specifying the amount of moisture in air?
- what does saturation mean?
- how can air reach saturation?
- when will water boil?
- how does the boiling point vary with
altitude? explain this behavior.
- What is the latitudinal distribution of
specific humidity look like?
- what does the spatial distribution of
vapor pressure over the U.S. look like during summer and
- on a typical day, how does the relative
- why does air expand as it rises?
- why does air cool as it rises?
- how is humidity measured with a sling
08/19/04 01:02 PM