Distribution of global temperatures
Here is what you should have noticed:
- latitudinal change
- N.H. - difference between land and
- U.S. west coast (upwelling and
cold current) v.s. U.S. east coast (gulf stream)
- influence of gulf stream in north
- highest temps are in the
subtropical N.H. desert regions
- west coast of S. America is cool
while the east coast is warm, due to the ocean
- much less variability in the zonal
direction in the S. H.
- coldest mean temps are over
Antarctica, yet the figure to the right suggests
it is over the arctic.....?