Review Questions for Chapter 18
- Global Climate
- What are the primary controls of climate?
- How do these controls affect the global temperature
- What factors influence the global precipitation
- What are the five climate classifications in the Koppen
- What are the characteristics of each of the sub classes
within the five main classes?
- What are the characteristics of annual rainfall and
temperature for each of the sub classes (where provided)?
Note: the above
questions are somewhat general, covering a lot of material.
Please look over the Koppen system fairly thoroughly. Also be
familiar with the climate controls and how they help to interpret
the global temperature distribution. Finally, what factors affect
the observed global precipitation distribution?