Climate through the Ages - Recent Trends
- since late 1800's, we've been in a
- avg temp has increased by about
- the eight hottest years of this
century have occurred since 1979
- the temperature record to the
right may be contaminated....how????
- corrected data suggest a warming
trend of 0.3-0.6°C over the last 100 years.
- So, is the recent warming due to
- enhanced greenhouse effect
due to increasing CO2 concentrations in
- Scientists are now quite certain that much of the recent warming
is due to anthroprogenic causes, i.e., increased greenhouse gas
emissions due to fossil fuel consumption and land use changes.
- What are natural and
anthroprogenic factors that affect climate?