Review Questions for Chapter 19
- Climate Change
- What techniques have scientists utilized to reconstruct
our past climate?
- What are the significant climatic events over the last
- describe the global temperature trend since the
- what is a the feedback mechanism? What are examples of
positive and negative feedback mechanisms for a warming
- describe some of the natural causes for climate change:
- plate tectonics
- the Milankovitch theory
- eccentricity cycle
- precession cycle
- tilt cycle
- aerosols in the troposphere and stratosphere'
- sunspot activity
- explain the theory of nuclear winter
- describe the current CO2 concentration trend
- the trend is caused by????
- why will the sea level rise if global warming occurs?
- what are the IPCC committee conclusions on the subject of
- why are predictions for global warming so problematic?